In light of the growing concerns regarding the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV), the Austin Convention Center Department (ACCD) has implemented enhanced housekeeping protocols to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses. Visitor and employee safety is a primary concern, and assuring a healthy place to convene and work is our goal. The department has placed more hand sanitizers and hand cleaning stations around the facility. ACCD has increased frequency of cleanliness for restrooms, escalators, door handles and other primary places of contact that are frequently touched. Signage has been posted encouraging visitors and staff to follow health suggestions.
To help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including flu and 2019-nCoV, staff and visitors are encouraged to:
- Wash hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Stay home when sick
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow or use a tissue to cover your sneeze, then throw the tissue in the trash
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- ACCD is in close contact with Austin Public Health (APH) who is monitoring the situation in coordination with Texas Department of State Health Services, the Center for Disease Control (CDC), local and regional public health and healthcare agencies.